Syntax Highlighting, Check.
* Click above to see the magic
Download mEdit 0.2.1 Beta
- 0.2.1 beta: Released August 6th 2010
- Added support for mIRC 7.x
- 0.2 beta: Released March 20th 2008
- Added "Send to Pastebin" functionality which posts selected code (or all) to mPaste to share with others. Press Ctrl+Shift+P or Edit -> Send to Pastebin.
- Fixed Unicode handling issues.
- Added colors & styles options dialog in File -> Colors... with saveable themes.
- Improved general stability and parsing algorithm.
- 0.1 alpha: Released March 9th 2008
What is This?
The mIRC Script Editor has always been a beast of sheer simplicity. This add-on enables the mIRC Script Editor
to be a super-beast of sheer simplicity by adding Syntax Highlighting capabilities; and it's all
packaged in a tiny little DLL.
Beta? I Don't Speak Greek!
This is just a beta release, meaning the functionality is very very very basic.
If you want to see where this project is going, feel free to download, play, and help test it out to make it more
robust in the future. Right now there are pretty much no options. All it does is highlight your scripts.
You can't even choose the colours! More functionality will be coming in future versions,
be patient. If you have something to suggest see the bottom of this page for contact info, but keep in mind I
am looking into:
Customizing of colours via command/interface/config file Done.
- Extensibility via script events (SIGNAL)
- Adding of other events via command/config file
- Customization of layout, multi-file view
And here are some things that probably won't make it into a release in the near future, even though I know
people will ask me (so don't):
- Code completion
- Code folding
This release only works with mIRC 6.31+. Don't even try to use it with anything else.
I must also emphasize the beta-ness of this release. It is barely tested, it may-- no, it
will break. How? I'm not sure; that's the fun part. I highly doubt anything crazy like a
computer format would occur, but you might want to backup your scripts just in case. This does mess
with the way the script editor works, after all.
To install, drop the .dll file into any directory you want and load it by typing (in any window in mIRC):
/dll C:\PATH\TO\medit.dll Load
If you want to load this everytime you start mIRC, add the following scripts to your Remotes (Alt-R)
on *:START:/dll C:\PATH\TO\medit.dll Load
PS. You don't need the C:\PATH\TO part if you put it directly in the mIRC directory (this may mean
the Application Data directory in a fresh install).
Bug Reports & Feature Suggestions
There will be bugs, I expect many of them to be with parsing many edge cases. If you
run into an issue where your code does not highlight correctly, please send the smallest
chunk of code that reproduces the issue. No screenshots, no full scripts, just a small snippet that
I can paste into the editor and see what went wrong. Send your bugs to clb AT soen . ca - you can
send your feature suggestions to this address as well.
Copyright © 2008 Loren Segal.
Hosting provided by kthx.net